Jai Mata Di!
Vaishno Devi is a popular shrine in India dedicated to Mata Vaishno Devi. It is situated in the Katra region of Jammu. One of the most revered shrines in India, this place is visited by so many visitors from different parts of the country and world.
Recently I got an opportunity to visit Katra and seek the blessings of Mata Vaishno Devi and share my experience with you all. So I decided to create a little video that will give you all the information you will need before visiting Vaishno Devi.
Apart from all these details about traveling, here is some additional information that will help in planning your trip.
- Keep umbrellas with you: Weather over here is quite unpredictable and during this time it tends to either snow or rain a lot over here. We had to stop our journey for some time due to rains. So, it is helpful if you keep a few umbrellas with you.
- Keep Spray sanitizer: Having a spray sanitizer helps in sanitizing yourself including hands and luggage all throughout the journey and staying safe.
- Plan your Stay in Hotels: Stay at Mata Vaishno Devi Dham is closed for some time due to corona so you will have to make your bookings in hotels if you are planning to stay here overnight. There are many hotels in Katra as well as in Jammu.
- You will not get any blankets: Blankets that were distributed in the Bhavan to travelers are also stopped for some time. Make sure you have blankets or are willing to buy new ones if you need them.
- Avoid eating at random places: Eat only at good places that are clean and well maintained with staff following the Covid protocols.
- Wear masks at all times: No matter where you are or what you are doing, make sure to keep your mask in place as it helps in protecting yourself as well as people around you.
- You will be tested at the airport for covid
- You will be tested at the Bhavan registration if you come by car or train.
If you need any further information about traveling to Mata Vaishno Devi, ask me in the comments. I will be happy to provide you with the details.
Lots of Love!!!